A Clean Arctic Alliance On-line Briefing ahead of MEPC 79
This briefing provides insights on the agenda for climate emissions and marine pollution discussions at the forthcoming 79th session of the International Maritime Organization’s (IMO) Marine Environment Protection Committee (MEPC 79). The event lays out the Clean Arctic Alliance’s expectations and recommendations for the IMO’s first MEPC meeting after COP27.
Date: Tuesday 29th November, 2022
- Dr Lucy Gilliam, Senior Shipping Policy Officer, Seas at Risk: How the science of tipping points must inform IMO action.
- John Maggs, President, Clean Shipping Coalition: A commitment to Pre-2030 emission reductions key to success of MEPC79.
- Bill Hemmings, Clean Arctic Alliance Black Carbon Advisor: Measures to action deep and rapid cuts in black carbon emissions.
- Eelco Leemans, Clean Arctic Alliance Technical Advisor: Scrubbers are turning an air pollution problem into an ocean pollution problem!
- Andrew Dumbrille, Clean Arctic Alliance Advisor: Strengthening the Arctic heavy fuel oil ban.
- Dr Sian Prior – Clean Arctic Alliance Lead Advisor – Moderator
Questions? Please contact [email protected]