Date: January 12th, 2022, 1500-1700 CET, 1400-1600 GMT, 0900-1100 ET.
The Clean Arctic Alliance would like to share with you the following webinar video:
The Government of Canada, along with partner NGOs, invites everyone interested in underwater noise, IMO Delegates and Member states, as well as policy and technical experts, to join this webinar on recent innovations in quiet vessel technology
The webinar will demonstrate recent innovation in quiet ship design and technology, as well as co-benefits achieved in noise and GHG reduction, ahead of the Ship Design & Construction (SDC) sub-committee meeting to start the review of the 2014 IMO Guidelines for the reduction of underwater noise (MEPC.1/Circ.833), the following week.
The presentations will be followed by a one-hour panel discussion, moderated by underwater noise expert Michael Jasny, from the Natural Resources Defense Council.
- Stian Anderson and Øystein Pettersen (DNV, Norway)
- on the SILENT-E certification of the ONEX Peace tanker. Stian and Øystein will be joined for questions by Hyoungsuk Lee (Hyundai Maritime Research Institute, Korea).
- Johan Bosschers (MARIN, Netherlands)
- Michele Viviani (Genoa University, Italy)
- Matthew Cooke (Transport Canada Innovation Centre, Canada)